or, vispro. What is that? I am seeking to explicate some parameters in which to frame various artworks one could term vispro and through visual examples elucidate a philosophy for the existence of vispro . Through the use and discussion of unusual and everyday examples of vispro , I wish to test if vispro can exist within a valid theoretical framework. I intend using the Liber Linteus (a linen book) otherwise known as the linen book of Zagreb to typify a physical manifestation of vispro . It is no longer intact as Mihajlo Barić unwrapped the relic, but the photograph below (date unknown) would exemplify the embodiment of vispro. The mummy of Zagreb with fragments of the Liber Linteus ( http://www.geocities.ws/jackiesixx/caere/linteus.htm ) date of photograph unknown.
It was a long journey to here, but now I am certain of the animal I am creating. I paint prose in a visual manner. I write layers and layers of prose over canvases up to 3m X 3m. Unfortunately they can’t be bigger because no linen is wider, and wooden frames distort, but ten, twenty, thirty layers of writing or making marks that look like writing, I write, and write and write. Further, I submit my own work as vispro having become frustrated with the term ‘vispo’ which seems too encompassing – a generic term to cover a multitude of textual creatures which no longer know why they are even on the textual visual plains – they’re just there, wondering exactly what they are – or not - I’m often surprised by the indifference with which their inventors create and dispose of them. Layer 1: The Student. I am a writer, but I am an artist too. Writing has consumed me since childhood. Whether it was the distraught pages of a teenage diary, the ravings of an early 20’s lu...
Some Definitions: Form - in the instance of attempting to define vispro, is the visible outcome of the work intended to be read as vispro : it’s visible shape, configuration, it’s external manifestation of the inward vispro idea. Medium for purposes of discussion on vispro is intended to encompass the various ‘how’s’ related to the creation of vispro. Such mediums include writing, asemic writing, computer generated images, cut-up text, collage, painting, drawing – any tool the vispro initiator uses in order to create the vispro form. Mediums such as asemic* writing are taken for granted in terms of all it conveys both in current and emerging theory. Prose is generally defined as ‘ordinary language’ which follows regular grammatical conventions and does not contain a formal metrical structure. Prose encompasses areas of human conversatio...
Comments
Post a Comment